Weekend Facilities Support Assistant – Bristol
Salary: £7,020 a year (£9.00 per hour) - (Full time equivalent £17,550)
Reports to: The Centre Manager
Working hours: 15 hours a week 9.45am - 5.15pm on Saturdays and Sundays
Location: St Paul’s Learning Centre, 94 Grosvenor Road, St Pauls, Bristol BS2 8XJ
Closing Date: Midday on Wednesday 30th October
The Ethical Property Company
Ethical Property is one of the UK’s leading social businesses. We aim to ensure that commercial property supports the creation of a better world, through the provision of office and meeting space to charities and voluntary groups, retail space that supports small businesses and social enterprises, and workshops for organisations in creative and cottage industries.
The St Pauls Learning Centre, located in the heart of the St Pauls area of Bristol and contains office and meeting space as well as a variety of facilities, available to the local community.
The Facilities Support Assistant (FSA) plays an important and responsible role at St Pauls Learning Centre. In this role you will be responsible for opening the Centre at the weekend, making sure that the booked rooms are unlocked and ready for use and ensuring that the centre is clean and tidy.
You will be working alone most of the time and must be responsible, punctual and reliable.
The main duties are:
• Covering the reception desk and being the first point of contact for visitors and building users
• Using the computerised room booking system to check availability and ensuring all bookings are set up and the appropriate facilities are available for each meeting and for the following day
• Assisting with administration duties as and when required
• Setting up conference, training and meeting rooms
• Emptying the bins and the recycling daily
• Tidying and cleaning communal areas, arranging furniture and ensuring the Centre is clean and tidy
• Ensuring notice boards are kept up to date and relevant
• Ensuring the building is safe, pleasant and that the services are functioning,
• Testing fire alarms and evacuation drills
• Compliance with Health and Safety legislation
• COSHH awareness (regulations regarding hazardous substances)
Other responsibilities include:
• Other duties as required, in line with the role.
Essential skills and experience:
• Excellent customer care with a commitment to provide a good service to our tenants and building users
• Good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office software
• A positive and flexible can-do attitude
• To be able to cope with pressure calmly and to be able to assert themselves confidently
• To be trustworthy, personable, punctual and reliable
• To be a team-player and a good communicator
• Good attention to detail
• Taking pride in your work
• To maintain a professional standard of presentation and communication with colleagues and tenants at all times
• Health and Safety awareness
Desirable skills and experience:
• You have previous experience in a similar role
The post is a permanent part time role working 15 hours a week from 9.45am to 5.15pm on Saturdays and Sundays. The salary is line with the Living Wage at £9.00 an hour, which is £7,020 a year for 15 hours a week (full time equivalent £17,550 working 37.5 hours a week).
Benefits include 25 days (pro rata) holiday entitlement a year, in addition to all public bank holidays (pro rata). A company pension contribution of 7%, 2 x salary life insurance, a free company bicycle scheme with bicycle maintenance costs, season ticket loans, interest free personal loans, as well as other benefits
Complete the attached application form and return it to by email email@example.com before the closing date: Midday on Wednesday 30th October