We have an exciting opportunity for a new Community Projects Worker to work alongside Academy staff and the wider Hub Team to deliver a programme of activities, working with and alongside families and local residents to help break the cycle of disadvantage.
Key responsibilities will be:
· To expand the community development offer within Oasis Hub South Bristol, through delivering activities for the community and building partnerships with other local groups.
· To develop funding and volunteer capacity which can support the Academy holistically across all of the Hub.
· To engage and work with hard to reach families supporting them to access Hub services and activities to develop their skills, knowledge and aspirations.
· To work with families to improve outcomes and help break the cycle of disadvantage including specific work with targeted students and their families.
The successful post holder must have:
· A relevant qualification in Youth & Community Work or previous relevant experience
· Successful experience of working with parents / carers (voluntary or paid work)
· Proven experience of community development
· Experience working with challenging behaviours and attitudes
· Previous experience implementing community projects
· Self-motivated, able to work alone and as part of a team
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
Apply by Email
Please send your completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than the 23:30 PM on Sunday 17th November 2019.
If you have any questions or require any further information, please contact a member of the Oasis Academy Connaught recruitment team on 01275 894590.