Job Title: Finance Administrator
Employment Basis: 12 hours per week
Salary: £12 – 15/hr depending on experience
Employer: The Architecture Centre
Location of Post: The Architecture Centre, 16 Narrow Quay, Bristol, BS1 4QA
Reporting to: Director
Probationary Period: 3 months
Period: 2 Years (fixed term, with an ambition to extend)
Holiday: 25 days pa pro rata
We envisage the hours being worked over one to two days / week but are a flexible employer and will work around child-care / responsibilities, for the right candidate. All offers of employment are subject to the receipt of satisfactory references.
We seek a reliable, conscientious and accurate book-keeper to act as a finance administrator for our growing charity. You’ll be keeping the books and performing simple admin tasks to support our happy and productive team to make a difference.
Day-to-day financial administration including:
• Raising sales invoices through Quickbooks, accurately recording all income & chasing payments
• Purchase ledger, making payments, and recording all purchase data in Quickbooks
• Monthly reconciling in Quickbooks and correcting discrepancies.
• Running monthly payroll and submitting pension data
• Keeping up-to-date with HMRC rules, submitting gift aid, VAT returns & PAYE payments as required
• Banking income, processing events floats & expenses (we rarely use cash).
• Helping with the preparation of annual accounts and financial project reports
• Maintaining our organised finance filing system
The role is primarily a book-keeping role, but will include simple administrative tasks:
• Dealing with suppliers to the building & billing tenants accordingly, placing office orders
• Minute-taking at quarterly at Board Meetings
• Be a collaborative and enthusiastic member of the organisation
• Undertake administrative duties as deemed reasonable, as requested by the Director to support the success of the organisation
We seek an experienced financial administrator with proven book-keeping skills to join our friendly and committed team in an exciting period for our charity.
• Professional experience of financial administration including managing payments, sales and customer relationships
• Working experience in the use of Quickbooks or a similar finance software (minimum one year)
• Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
• Strong understanding and experience with Excel and Word and good IT skills
• Conscientious with a can-do approach to tasks and learning new skills
• Positive attitude to work with a good team player
• We are a small team, so a flexible approach and willingness to take on administrative work within your hours to support the organisation is essential.
• Efficient with good time management skills
• Book-keeping qualification
• Experience of charity administration
• Enthusiasm for culture, architecture and third sector work
THE ARCHITECTURE CENTRE
The design of our cities and the built environment we share, profoundly affects us all. The design of our homes, our streets, our commutes and our communities impacts our lives on a daily basis. Many of our biggest societal challenges today – from the housing crisis to the climate emergency, are challenges of our built environment. By bringing together the world’s best thinkers and practitioners we aim to find innovative and practical solutions to the challenges of our time.
Founded in 1996 and situated on Bristol harbourside, The Architecture Centre is a world-leading centre of excellence for urban design and creative placemaking. A registered charity, our aim is to promote better buildings and places for everyone. Our work showcases the value of good design and the social, environmental and economic benefits of a better built environment.
Now is a pivotal moment for the charity and our work in creating better places and spaces here in the West. Under new leadership, the charity has a new vision and we are transforming the way we work and are funded. Two record years for income generation and sell-out public programmes mean we are ambitious to continue to grow. This role is important in providing a stable platform to support the organisation.
We work in partnership with the best companies, researchers, and decision-makers. We bring the world’s most innovative thinkers to Bristol, broker conversations to shape the future of our city and lead on creative partnerships in the public realm, including Bristol Open Doors one of the largest festivals in the city.
We believe that by increasing public awareness and working with those responsible for development, we will help raise the bar, shaping better and greener buildings and places.
We achieve our aims through:
• Influencing Policy & Best Practice
• Improving Design (from individual homes to major city developments)
• Inspirational & Informative Public Programmes
• Celebrating our City through Bristol Open Doors
• Education Programmes for Children & Young People, with a Focus on Diversity
Please provide us with a current CV (up to 2 pages) and a letter of application outlining your interest in and suitability for the role. Please refer specifically to the Responsibilities and Person Specification, ensuring your letter is no longer than two pages. Address your letter to the Director.
EMAIL: applications to email@example.com
DEADLINE: All applications must be received by 9 am on Mon 23 March.
START DATE: ASAP / April 2020, exact start date to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
We seek immediate support. If you could start immediately, please email your application ASAP
The Architecture Centre is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.