The Programming Lead will use the programme designed for SFW 2020 and build on the connections made to design and coordinate the programme for SFW 2021. This will include:
· Re-connecting with the programme collaborators for SFW 2020 and liaising with them regarding joining the 2021 programme. This will include contacts from the SFW Hub, Marketplace and city-wide events
· Driving forward an engagement strategy with community groups, creative spaces and key stakeholders in Bristol to encourage them to be involved in our 2021 event
· Contacting key industry figures from outside Bristol regarding possible involvement in the SFW Hub programme
· Liaising with the Inclusion Lead to ensure we’re connecting with a broad diversity of different groups and sectors of the Bristol community
· Supporting the compiling of content for our engagement schedule through liaising with collaborators and industry figures
· Inputting event data into the SFW website and supporting with additional web content
· Identifying need in the community that would support the transition to a sustainable relationship with fashion
The event is currently unfunded and run as not-for-profit and therefore the role is voluntary. We are estimating that the role could be managed in circa 2 hours per week initially, with an increase to circa 3-4 hours per week in the autumn of 2020. The role will run from August 2020 until April 2021. The role can be worked from home, with weekly Zoom calls with the rest of the team. The Programming Lead role would be managed by the founder of SFW, with input from the Strategy Lead and Inclusion Lead. We may recruit more than one team member for each position.
For this role we are looking more for confidence and commitment than experience. The Programming Lead must:
· be able to work independently in an organised and systematic way, with excellent reporting to the wider team
· be confident to share the message of SFW and encourage a diverse range of collaborators to join the 2021 programme
· be confident in making new relationships and building partnerships within diverse communities
· have a flexible and proactive approach to working
· be highly motivated to support change in the fashion industry and in consumption patterns, whilst encouraging all parts of the community to take this journey with you
Drop us a line via email with your CV and a brief covering letter telling us why you're interested in supporting SFW and why you'd be great for the role.