Bristol After Stroke run several peer support groups for people affected by Stroke. The groups offer opportunities for people to meet others in a similar situation to themselves, they offer an opportunity to build confidence, independence, reduce isolation and improve wellbeing. Bristol After Stroke’s mission is to support stroke affected people adapt to life after stroke, and our groups are a key part in meeting this aim. Please see our website for more information www.bristolafterstroke.org.uk.
Due to corona virus BAS is unable to deliver our normal offer and for the next six months expects to be running only virtual groups. Currently the organisation offers
• One telephone weekly group
• One weekly zoom group for younger people
• One bi-weekly conversation group for people with Aphasia
• Two monthly stroke cafés
Our current group organiser is leaving us at the end of September and we want someone to help us with our virtual offer until we will be able to return to running face to face groups. This post is therefore a six month contract however we may be looking to recruit to a permanent position once we understand what our face to face and virtual offer will look like in 2021.
The post will be supporting all the virtual groups except the monthly cafés and it is the ambition to potentially increase our virtual group offer over the course of the six month contract.
• Organise and facilitate three virtual support groups,
• Work imaginatively and creatively in leading activities that promote wellbeing, confidence and independence
• Lead good practice in our group work.
• Ensure all sessions are delivered safely and meet health and safety standards
• Keep up to date records of members, volunteers and group finances
• Co-ordinate the work of the group volunteers.
• Work with the Stroke Co-ordinators to enhance the health and welfare of all group members.
To apply please complete the application and equal opportunity form and email the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. For queries please call 0117 9647657 or 07710095757.