Please find full details of how to apply via our Website in the advert below. The deadline for application submissions is 23:59, Friday 29 January 2021.
We have an opportunity for a new colleague to join our High Support team in a busy but rewarding city centre based housing project for vulnerable young people. If you have a desire to support young people through excellent support and housing management, we want to hear from you.
1625 Independent People (1625ip) is a leading youth homeless charity based in the South West, working with over 2,500 young people. We have strong local partnerships and adhere to the best practice in the sector, thereby building trusting relationships between young people and 1625ip colleagues is at the core of our work.
What we are looking for:
• You are someone with the passion and expertise to enable young people to achieve their aspirations.
• You have excellent skills in engaging vulnerable people and enabling them to build positive and trusting relationships, which can be used as a tool for change.
• You are able to offer clear and consistent responses to young people who may present challenging behaviour, be chaotic, distressed and have learned not to trust.
• You are able to work under pressure, managing multiple tasks at a time whilst remaining positive and keeping focussed.
What you will be doing:
• Supporting a case load of young people within the Hostel, assisting those young people to reach their aims, goals and aspirations.
• Working closely with your colleagues to ensure young people are getting the best support on offer and enabling us to meet Key Performance Indicators.
• Underpinning all aspects of support with Housing Management functions within a busy city centre hostel environment.
You will be in the High Support Team and your line manager will be the St George’s House Hostel Manager, working a fixed rota pattern including evening working and 1 weekend in 4.
What we are offering:
• 30 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays or a day in lieu if working a Bank Holiday.
• An opportunity to work in a Psychologically Informed Environment.
• Working within a close knit, highly supportive team.
• Never a dull day, in a busy but rewarding environment.
• Hours per week: 40 (inc. paid lunch breaks – this represents full time hours)
• Contract type: Permanent
• Salary range: £24,012 - £25,481 per annum
• Location: You will be based in St George’s House, close to Bristol’s main bus station as well as the vibrant city centre.
• To access the Job Pack and Apply, please visit our Website here: https://1625independentpeople.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v...
• To have an informal chat about the role, please contact email@example.com.
• If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Application deadline: 23:59, Friday 29/01/2021.
• If you have not heard from us by Friday 05/02/2021 please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
• Interviews are on Monday 08/02/2021 and Tuesday 09/02/2021.
Covering Letter Guidance:
Please note that the online application form cannot be saved until it is fully complete. We recommend that you prepare your Covering Letter before you start the online application.
Your Covering Letter will form the most important basis on which your skills, experience and personal attributes will be tested against the job criteria. Without it, your application cannot progress to the shortlisting stage.
You should refer to the Person Specification document within the Job Pack and cover only the elements that are tested at this stage of the recruitment process. Elements that only have the word ‘interview’ next to them will be tested at the next stage of the process and do not need to be covered in your letter.
ALTHOUGH THE APPLICATION FORM GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO UPLOAD A CV, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A CV AS THIS IS NOT NECESSARY AND WILL NOT BE USED IN THIS PROCESS.
Equal opportunities for everyone:
We safeguard and promote the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Any job offer will depend on a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Barred List Disclosure Check.
We believe those with a criminal record should have an equal chance to become employees or volunteers. We also pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, religion and beliefs, sex and sexual orientation. We are particularly keen to increase applications from Black and Minority Ethnic groups as they are currently under-represented.
Please see our Policies section on the website, for further information. If you need an adjustment made to any part of the recruitment process, please let us know as soon as possible.