Are you passionate about supporting children and young people?
Do you want to help them reach their full potential?
Are you keen on creating and fostering enjoyable spaces for them to thrive in? If you have a playful heart and are excited by these prospects then we would love to hear from you!
About the Role: We are looking for motivated and dedicated individuals to volunteer at Incredible Kids sessions ensuring quality play activities are facilitated within a safe, caring and stimulating environment for children and young people aged 0 – 25 with a disability, developmental delay or any additional needs, and supporting their families.
About Incredible Kids: Incredible Kids helps children with additional needs and their families to have fun and make friends. Operating since June 2012 the charity was set up by parents to provide mutually beneficial support to each other, allowing their children and young people to play. The charity aims to reduce social isolation for families with children or young people with additional needs, increase their wellbeing and improve confidence and social skills by providing meaningful play activities, mutually beneficial support and increasing knowledge and skills.
● Work within a team environment to help organize, facilitate and lead a range of play-based activities
● Be responsible for the safety and welfare of children, young people and their siblings, especially during outdoor sessions.
● Engage everyone in a friendly, enthusiastic, inclusive and motivated way.
About You: We welcome all applicants that feel they would be able to make a positive difference and have the skills outlined below:
● A genuine enthusiasm for the work of the charity.
● A responsible and caring attitude
● Flexibility to adapt play style to meet individuals needs
● Compassionate, understanding and trustworthy with a patient and tolerant personality.
● Fun and open minded attitude to play with a creative and imaginative disposition.
● Good communication skills with the ability to get on well with children, young people, and their parents.
● Capability to work effectively within a team and independently.
● Ability to work under pressure and be proactive to use your own initiative whenever required.
● Willingness to learn and develop through formal training and informal feedback.
If this sounds like you, we would love to welcome you to the team.
Location: The Vench, Romney Avenue, Lockleaze, Bristol.
Hours: Saturdays 9am to 6pm.
If you want to join a passionate and dynamic team we want to hear from you. For further details, please contact email@example.com: