The National Citizen Service (NCS) Bill has received Royal Assent. The Act and Royal Charter will help to make sure NCS is delivered efficiently, effectively and transparently.
The NCS programme brings young people from different backgrounds together and gives them the opportunity to take part in new experiences, develop skills and volunteer in communities.
- Enables the staff and assets of the NCS Trust to transfer to a Royal Charter Body
- Allows government to provide grant-in-aid funding to the NCS Trust
- Requires the NCS Trust to publish a business plan at the start of each year and produce annual accounts and an Annual Report, ensuring accountability and transparency
- Makes the National Audit Office the auditor of the NCS Trust
- Promotes NCS by giving Government the power to send a letter to young people as they turn 16 on behalf of the NCS Trust