Transforming children and young people's mental health
The Department of Health is asking people for their views on a green paper setting out measures to improve mental health support for children and young people.
The green paper focuses on earlier intervention and prevention, especially in and linked to schools and colleges.
The proposals include:
- creating a new mental health workforce of community-based mental health support teams
- every school and college will be encouraged to appoint a designated lead for mental health
- a new 4-week waiting time for NHS children and young people’s mental health services to be piloted in some areas
- setting up a new national partnership to improve mental health services for young people aged 16 to 25
- work with the Children’s Commissioner to explore the impact of social media on the health of children and young people
The consultation closes Friday 2 March 2018