- Roughly 1 - 3 hours a week. Home-based role, you will need to provide your own laptop. We're looking for someone reliable to join our small team for at least 6 months.
• Some experience working with the media - ideally at least 6 months working or volunteering in communications or press management.
• Passionate about the values and aims of the Countering Colston campaign, which can be found on our website.
• Good written and spoken English - with a clear, concise writing style.
• An understanding of how the local and national media function, and an ability to work cooperatively with journalists.
• Good at working under pressure and to working to deadlines.
• Some experience working in an informal but effective social justice campaign.
1. Coordinate media coverage
• Promptly responding to media inquires (over email and phone)
• Approaching members of the team about media inquires and promptly linking them up with the journalists
• Building and maintaining good relationships with members of the media (a media list and contacts will be provided)
• Occasionally coordinating the creation of press releases with the rest of the team (press release templates can be provided)
2. Update the Countering Colston Wordpress
• Occasionally updating the Countering Colston wordpress website with news and updates
3. Write and share Facebook content
• Regularly posting media coverage and relevant articles, videos and content on our Facebook page
What we can offer you:
- Some training from an experienced press manager and campaigner, our press release templates, our press database and support from the Countering Colston team.
How to apply:
Fill in the application form by 12pm on 5th January: https://goo.gl/forms/ibwQOkNoZxiRXCPg1
We will hold informal interviews for the role between 12th - 15th January.
**WE PARTICULARLY WELCOME APPLICATIONS FROM BME BRISTOLIANS**