Do you organise an outdoor event in your community or would you like to?
FREE training sessions in all aspects of planning an event are being run in September and October 2015 to help Bristol residents and organisations put on well run and sustainable shows.
Co-ordinated by Bristol City Councils Arts & Events Team, the course will be delivered by The Event Safety Shop, Resource Futures and other industry professionals and experienced advisors as part of Bristol Green Capital 2015. The course will offer practical workshops and engaging speakers to give organisers the confidence and skills to improve existing events or inspired to start planning something new.
• Anything is possible – how to plan for a safe and successful event.
• Understanding health and safety and making it work for you
• People – your team, contractors and audience
• Permissions and licensing – understanding and navigating the processes
• Environmental sustainability – how to save money and help save the planet
• Financing – budgets, funding and making your event financially sustainable
• Open to all – making your event accessible
• Evaluating – what is success and how to measure it
• Marketing – how to successfully market and promote your event
The training/course will be 12 hours in total but with a range of days and times to choose from, we are planning to make them as easy as possible to attend. It is compulsory that participants take part in all 12 hours of learning. All courses will take place in the city centre to ensure ease of access from across Bristol.
If you’d like to register your interest in attending, please complete the form by 5pm Friday 14th August for the courses.
Click on this link for the form that gives all the days/times available: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eH5QtXMRbWNHLbgvv3fqLQOgv46AFrhoHrSOxNS...
Please be aware that places are limited. An expression of interest does not guarantee a place and all applicants will be notified by Wednesday 19th August 2015.
If you registered your interest in the first round in Feb/March and weren’t successful, feel free to submit an expression of interest again if you fit the criteria of being a resident or Bristol organisation. The earlier applications will not be considered in this second round.