Like us on Facebook to get updates on the trail and see photos from previous trails.
I'm looking for ex or current residents of prefabs in the Bristol area.
Elisabeth has had an interest in prefabs and their communities for a long time and has been photographing them and building strong relationships with their residents over the last 10 years.
Here is a link to some of her work: http://elisabethblanchet.photoshelter.com/gallery/Prefabs-2013/G0000J7RJBturKEE/
The project is threefold:
1) A photo exhibition and a documentary exploring the history of these 'palaces for people' funded by the Art Council. The exhibition and documentary will be shown at the gallery Photo Fusion in London Brixton in July and will then go to the Geoffrey Museum. It is not a commercial exhibition.
2) A book on the history of prefabs commissioned by Shire Library collecting photos, blueprints but also stories and testimonies from past and present residents.
3) An online platform to create an online library gathering photos, documents and links to videos to maintain the memory of these communities, their residences and this important part of social history.
I gather that there are remaining prefabs in Bristol and I would be interested to speak to current or old residents who might want to share their stories but also photos and other memories.
If these people had such documents and wanted to tell their stories, I would love to hear from them.
* old stills and footage of what the estates and individual houses looked like when they were first built
* scenes of everyday life, celebrations (jubilees etc..)
* interiors, gardens etc... illustrating how much people cherish their prefabs
* how they were built and later on demolished
Bristol Adult Learning Service Sculpture and Pottery Courses
St Paul's Learning Centre, 94 Grosvenor Road, St Paul's Bristol, BS2 8XJ
with tutor Isobel Morris
Couses run for 10 weeks from 9/10 January - 20/21 March (half term February 13/14)
Choose from morning, afternoon or evening times
Sculpture Wednesdays 9 Jan-20 Mar 9.30am-12.30pm. Learn to make unique sculptures using a variety of materials and techniques. All welcome. £55 (concessions) £130 (full fee)
Pottery with Sculpture Wednesdays 9 Jan-20 Mar 1.00-3.30pm. Experiment with making pottery and/or sculpture in this friendly group. Develop your own style. All welcome. £50 (concessions) £110 (full fee)
Pottery Thursdays 10 Jan-21 Mar 6.30-9.00pm. Design and make your own functional or decorative pottery in this welcoming group. All welcome. £50 (concessions) £110 (full fee)
All fees include materials and firing
Enrol at St Paul's Learning Centre, 94 Grosvenor Road
St Paul's Bristol, BS2 8XJ
or Tel. 0117 9038844
Find St Paul's Sculpture & Pottery Group, Bristol on Facebook