.We’re excited to take part in Bristol Doors Open Day again this year! All sorts of architectural gems across Bristol are opening their doors, from the Cathedral to BBC Bristol.
Here at Spike Island we are giving tours every hour for visitors to explore the WHOLE building, and discover how a tea packing factory was transformed into an art gallery with working spaces for artists and creatives.
The Tour of Britain cycle race is also happening on Saturday 10th (those that like cycling, this is Bradley Wiggins’ last professional race!) The roads around Spike Island are closed for the race, so it’s important that people can find Spike Island, and know they can come in and explore, for FREE!
- We need help with the following:
- · Welcoming first time visitors!
- · Encouraging people outside to come inside for a look around (especially those sat waiting for the race to come by)
- · Taking photographs for sharing on Spike Island’s social media
- · Assistance our tour guides as they lead groups around the building