We have a rewarding opportunity available for a Female Service manager to join our team based in Bristol. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis, working 37.5 hours per week including participation in out of hour’s telephone on-call rota and some evenings and Saturdays. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £39.186.00 per annum plus benefits.
Established in 1999, Next Link is the leading provider of domestic abuse services to adult and child survivors in Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset. At Next Link we are committed to providing holistic, empowering, trauma informed and personalised support and advocacy to people experiencing domestic abuse. With a focus on survivor’s safety and recovery, we believe the provision of flexible support tailored to survivor’s needs can be transformational, helping to maximise independence and self-determination so survivors can make informed choices.
In return for joining us, we will offer you:
• Up to 30 days annual leave (depending on length of service)
• 3 extra holidays including International Women’s Day
• Excellent development and training opportunities
• Employer pension contribution (minimum 5% of your gross salary)
• Mindful Employer Plus Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Long Service Awards
• Wellness Awards
About the role:
This post will take a lead role within Next Link Domestic Abuse services, supporting adult and child victims and survivors of domestic violence and abuse. You will be responsible for managing an integrated staff team operating across Bristol ensuring the delivery of high quality accommodation, support, advice and advocacy services that includes:
• Safe house provision for families, single women, women with complex needs and men
• Support Services including IDVA and Floating Support services; Group Work; Children’s services and co-located services
Key duties and responsibilities of our Female Service Manager
• This Service Manager post will take primary responsibility for managing our team of operational managers operating across Bristol.
• Alongside the Senior Services Manager provide leadership and performance management for the services and staff delivery team under your remit, manage the services according to service level agreements, ensuring staff work to high professional standards.
• Promote the service through building positive relationships with Survivors, Police, Lighthouse, current and potential referrers.
• Ensure effective access to the service for survivors and encourage their engagement with the service, through multi agency working and service flexibility.
• Contribute to the design, implementation and evaluation of the Next Link Services.
• Co-ordinate and manage the application, referral and admission / support delivery process in line with the referrals and allocations policies and risk assessment procedures, ensuring a quick and effective response to meet client need.
• Determine staff caseloads and manage service and staff capacity, co-ordinating the team’s support of service users using the full range of contact and support methods
• Ensure risk assessments (including DASH), safety plans, referrals and risk management plans are carried out to a high standard and are managed appropriately and that the service is represented at the MARAC.
• Take overall responsibility for the effective housing management of the safe houses including health and safety compliance, maintenance, planning renewals and replacements to maintain the quality and comfort of the houses, maximising occupancy and rental income.
The successful candidate will:
• Have substantial experience of working with victims/survivors of sexual violence or domestic abuse
• Experience of and ability to provide vision and leadership that directs the internal management and delivery of high quality services.
• Substantial management experience, including staff support, supervision and performance management within the housing, domestic abuse, or similar support sector.
• Extensive experience of trauma informed practice and sensitively assessing and responding to the needs and risks of survivors and children experiencing domestic violence.
• Experience working with multi agency partners e.g. The Police, Social Services and MARAC.
• Experience of delivering presentations and / or training.
• Demonstrable experience of being proactive rather than reactive: focuses on preventing problems in the future rather than just resolving immediate issues.
If you are motivated, resourceful and passionate please apply now to join us as our Bristol Service Manager.
Closing date: 10am Monday 04 December 2023
Interviews to be held week commencing 11 December 2023
Please download the application pack from our website and complete the application form. Please submit your application by 10am on Monday 04 December 2023. Please do not send CVs. Interviews will be held week commencing 11 December 2023