Cost of Living: Support and resources
To help individuals and organisations access the support available in the current cost of living crisis, we have compiled a list of resources below. If you have a resource to add or would like further support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost of Living Support Booklet
To raise awareness of the support available, we have produced this 'Cost of Living Support' booklet:
View the booklet online, or download it as a PDF.
Please feel free to distribute this booklet in any way you wish.
Online help for individuals needing support
The following links are to websites to find financial help for yourself, family, or friends.
- Bristol City Council - a guide where you can find useful websites, community organisations, advice and guidance to help you through the rising cost of living including housing, help with fuel bills, homelessness, benefits help, food bank support, employment and skills, advice for older and disabled people, council tax rebate, mental health and emotional wellbeing.
- North Bristol Advice - local advice centre
- South Bristol Advice - local advice centre
- Welfare Rights and Money Service
- Quids in! support people to re-think how they organise their finances, help them find work or better work, and enable them to get online. Quids in! publishes a light and easy-to-read, personal finance magazine for people on benefits, in social housing or on low pay, as well as a range of guides, a monthly e-newsletter and interactive tools reaching over 160,000 people per year. quidsinmagazine.com
- Turn2Us has help and information including a benefits calculator and a function you can use to search for charitable grants. They also provide links to specialist support charities. https://www.turn2us.org.uk/
- Citizens Advice is a network of independent and totally impartial charities that offers free confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person. With over 2,500 locations across England and Wales.
- Summary of specific cost-of-living financial support from UK Government
- Information on additional help from UK Government
- Crisis grants from Bristol City Council
What Voscur is doing to help organisations
We will be running monthly community outreach sessions across the city – drop in to speak to a member of the Voscur team at one of the dates shown below for support or email email@example.com
Check back for more dates in 2023. If you would like to invite us to host a drop-in at your venue, please contact Rachel using the email above.
Training, peer support and briefings
The Voscur VCSE Academy is offering a range of training courses, peer support sessions, webinar/briefings to help you manage your organisation through these difficult times.
We are currently working with Community Hubs, Bristol City Council and Black South West Network to co-deliver a range of online workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information.
Looking for some specific support just for your organisation or team? Voscur’s Consultancy service can tailor a programme just for you. Contact Spencer on: 0117 909 9949 or email: Spencer@voscur.org to discuss how Voscur might be able to help.
In the meantime, as always, we are here to support the sector. If your organisation is facing serious difficulties over the winter, please do get in touch with our team and we will do our best to help. email@example.com or 0117 909 9949