Intimacy After Assault Training for Support Professionals
This 2-hour online training has been developed for Counsellors, Therapists, Sexual Violence Advocates and Support Workers who want to improve their practice and their confidence working with clients who are struggling with intimacy as a result of sexual trauma.
Our focus is on how we work with our clients. We will look at how we support clients to cultivate a sense of ownership and confidence. We will explore how we as professionals can develop our practice to become at ease with talking about this issue with clients and become more sensitive to our own avoidance and masking working with this delicate subject, and how we create room in our own practice to overcome these barriers.
We will focus on:
- Understanding our own journey to sexual expression
- Exploring Barriers to intimacy
- Experiential exercises for tuning into our own barriers to this work
- Practical exercises for client work
- Trauma informed best practice to working with the felt sense in the therapy room
- Boundaries and self-care
Tickets can be bought on Eventbrite:
Intimacy After Assault for Support Professionals- tickets available here