Supporting staff to comply with the Prevent Duty 2015
After the passing of new legislation regarding radicalisation and extremism, Voscur will be offering training in response to increasing concerns about the Prevent Duties imposed by the Counter Terrorism and Security Act 2015.
This training is aimed at workers for voluntary and community organisations. It is designed to supplement and extend other statutory training available in Bristol on radicalisation. Those who have already attended WRAP training will find it extremely useful, as the session allows for discussion, reflection and consideration for how the new Prevent Duty will practically impact on the work of each individual setting.
The aim of the training is to help support staff from voluntary and community organisations to comply with the new Prevent Duty 2015 and therefore to protect children, young people and families from radicalisation and extremism. After the course, delegates will have knowledge in the following areas:
- Understand the Duties placed on establishments by the Counter Terrorism and Security Act 2015;
- Develop knowledge of extremism in the context of current UK threats;
- Explore ways to promote Fundamental British Values in their work;
- Learn how to Identify vulnerable and ‘at risk’ service users and to report any concerns;
- Develop safeguarding policies and a Risk Assessment for their setting relating to the Prevent Agenda;
- Become aware of helpful resources and support;
- Prepare an action plan for their setting.
The training is designed to be practical, engaging and fully accessible to all.
The trainer is Mandy Parry, a qualified teacher and an extremely experienced safeguarding trainer who has carried out extensive research and training on the issue of radicalisation and the current rise of political extremism.
This is the second part of this training, the first part is: Young People & Extreme Ideals. We recommend attending both to get the most out of these courses.
Click here to book your place
This is a free workshop for Voscur members, £15 for non-members. Please note for all cancellations made within 2 working days or non-attendance there is now a £15 admin charge.