Managing Asset Transfers for Your Community
Leading UK property advice charity The Ethical Property Foundation is delighted to offer this property workshop in partnership with Voscur as part of the National Programme for Property Education: www.ethicalproperty.org.uk
The half day workshop is followed by a free sandwich lunch and a drop in property advice clinic.
Charities and community groups are increasingly choosing to take on asset transfers from local authorities as a means of acquiring property. However, without proper management, any property is at risk of becoming a liability, with unforeseen costs and unexpected problems putting a strain on organisations which are often already overworked.
This training is designed to give a jargon free, accessible introduction and overview of how to make asset transfers a success:
- How taking on an asset can benefit your organisation
- How to engage with local authorities
- Business planning to assess the viability and sustainability of taking on community buildings
- Legal structures and governance issues to consider when considering taking on community buildings
- Identifying ‘hidden’ hazards or responsibilities: what are you ACTUALLY taking on
- Common mistakes and how to deal with them
- Lessons from others
The morning workshop is followed by a free light lunch and a drop in property advice clinic. Take the opportunity to book your confidential 1:1 time with property professionals at the drop - in advice clinic.
Click here to book your place.
Please note for all cancellations made within 2 working days or non-attendance there is now a £15 admin charge.
(Workshop - 10.00am - 1.00pm / Drop-in advice Clinic - 1.30pm - 3.30pm).