Do you want to make a real difference, help the environment and keep fit in 2023 working in a friendly team, raising funds that will save lives? Volunteering in our Kingswood British Heart Foundation furniture store warehouse when you can around your studies could be the answer!
We need volunteer warehouse assistants to keep our stock moving by hand from the van to the warehouse and shop floor, and back to the van for delivery as items sell on the shop floor.
This role is physically active as it involves carrying furniture by hand but you don't need to be The Hulk - every little helps! There are also other warehouse opportunities, such as booking in and pricing stock using tablets, building flat-packed furniture, and testing donated electrical items – full training is provided and you can try different roles. This is a social role involving lots of team work and opportunity to learn various skillsets within the shop.
Say hello to the Kingswood team:
Funding for Bristol based PHD students and BHF researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of volunteers to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.6 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our Kingswood team led by Luke, Jack and Billy are a friendly bunch, we socialise once a month by going out and running quizzes, and we are looking forward to welcoming new volunteers to our growing team!
Typical tasks include:
· Ensuring the warehouse is always kept in a clean, safe and organised state
· Safely lifting and carrying (by hand) a range of furniture items, big or small – it all helps!
· Dealing with van deliveries to the shop and preparing deliveries going out to customers
· Building flat-pack furniture for display purposes, carrying out light furniture repairs if confident alongside the Warehouse Supervisor
· Re-stocking furniture on the shop floor as items are sold
· Acting as an ambassador for the British Heart Foundation
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet meet new people
· The feel-good factor of giving back to a cause whilst keeping fit - get some endorphins!
· 25% volunteer discount on donated goods in all BHF shops
· The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
· Gain valuable warehousing experience to add to your CV and learn new skills
· Flexible shifts to fit with your lifestyle - 3 hours once a week when you can is a huge help!
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Managers - keep your bus tickets
Please note - we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
Here's a little bit more about us:
The BHF is working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. We want to ensure those with heart conditions have better, longer lives and the money we raise powers researchers and medical care to help people with heart diseases.
Please give Jack or Luke a call on 01179 605663 or email us at K16@bhf.org.uk for an initial chat. You can also get the ball rolling by applying online via BHF MyVolunteer and signing up for an account using this link: https://myvolunteer.bhf.org.uk/register