Bristol Cycling Campaign has been speaking on behalf of utility cyclists and aspirational cyclists since the 1970s. We produce a newsletter each month. A computer program picks up recent stories from our website and compiles them into a newsletter which is distributed to our 5,000+ members using MailChimp. But a computer program can only do so much. We require someone please to additionally do the following once per month.
- check the stories chosen by the computer from our website (e.g. are they expired, are they trivial)
- check the format, spelling/grammar etc, check photos, change "yesterday" to its date etc etc - some human review & proof reading
- send to our committee for approval & action any responses and suggestions
- send out via our existing MailChimp account
- a volunteer may also be interested to ocassionally write an additional short article, or perhaps interview a city figure about cycling
We reckon one to two hours per month should be plenty. Thank you.
Please apply by email, briefly stating your experience and ability, and your motivation for assisting us in this role. A long or detailed application is not necessary - we would prefer instead to have a chat with you please.