We’re on the lookout for a new Treasurer for our board. We need someone to watch over our financial management, working closely with the other members of our board to safeguard acta’s finances and future.
As a treasurer Trustee, you will bring your financial knowledge and experience to help guide the financial decision-making of our charity. Your oversight and strategic planning will ensure that our financial resources are utilised efficiently to fulfil our mission and support the communities we serve.
What you’d do
• Provide strategic financial guidance and oversight to the board of trustees.
• Collaborate with the Finance and Operations Manager to develop and monitor annual budgets aligned with our organisation’s objectives.
• Review and present regular financial reports to the board, ensuring transparency and accuracy.
• Offer financial insights to support fundraising efforts and grant applications.
• Ensure compliance with financial regulations, charity laws and reporting requirements.
• Identify and address financial risks, implementing measures to safeguard the charity’s financial assets.
You can learn more about our current board and our staff team here: Who We Are
What you bring
• Financial expertise and experience in accounting, finance, or related fields.
• Knowledge of financial regulations and governance practices for charitable organisations is desirable, but training will be available.
• Ability to analyse financial data and make informed decisions.
• Strong communication skills to effectively convey financial information to board members and stakeholders.
• Experience of using Xero accountancy software would be desirable
This is a volunteer trustee role, and the time commitment is approximately 2 hours per quarter to attend board meetings (frequency may vary based on the charity’s needs).
Additionally, you will convene Finance sub-committee meetings prior to the board meetings, and offer ongoing advice and guidance to the Finance and Operations Manager.
Additional time commitment for financial analysis and reporting as necessary.
If you like what you’ve read, and you’re interested in becoming our Trustee treasurer, we’d love to hear from you.
To register your interest:
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us | 0117 953 2448
Social media | Twitter and Instagram @actatheatre Facebook @actacommunitytheatre
Postal address | acta, Gladstone St, Bedminster, BS3 3AY