Join Our Board of Trustees and Shape the Future of Cinema and Arts in North Somerset
Curzon Cinema and Arts is seeking a number of passionate individuals with a deep appreciation for cinema and the arts to join our dynamic Board of Trustees. As one of the oldest, continuously running cinemas in the world, we are committed to preserving our rich heritage while showcasing the best in contemporary and classic film and multidisciplinary arts.
Since 1912, Curzon Cinema and Centre for the Arts has been an integral part of the Clevedon community, providing a space for film screenings, performances, and live events. Our historic building and extensive archive reflect the architectural, social, and technological history of film, making it a unique landmark and social hub in the community.
As a Trustee, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our strategic direction, overseeing resource management, and ensuring the long-term sustainability of our organisation.
We are Seeking Individuals with Diverse Perspectives and Expertise
We are particularly interested in individuals with knowledge, experience, or interest in one or more of the following areas:
• Heritage buildings: Experience of working in the heritage sector, particularly in roles that celebrate the history of historic properties
• Building restoration and maintenance project management: Expertise in managing complex restoration and maintenance projects
• Health and safety: Experience in venue health and safety and compliance
• Marketing and publicity: The ability to assist staff to further develop our marketing strategies
• Film and cinema industry: Experience of a working knowledge of film and cinema history and the film industry
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive Board that reflects the rich tapestry of our community and actively encourage applications from individuals from under-represented groups, including those from the global majority. We are currently in the process of developing an anti-racism action plan which will review all aspects of our business, from film programming, to our audiences and marketing, to staff and volunteer recruitment, and welcome applicants with a passionate desire to help us diversify our organisation. We also welcome applications from individuals of all age groups, subject only to a legal minimum age of 18 years.
If you are interested in this role, we would love to hear from you. Please email our Chair, David Sheridan, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV if you have one and a brief outline telling us why you are interested in becoming a trustee and the qualities and experience you could bring to the role.