Avon Needs Trees (ANT) is a registered charity creating new, permanent woodland throughout the Bristol-Avon catchment to fight the climate and ecological emergencies.
Head of People and Operations:
You will make a tangible impact on slowing down climate change and helping nature recover by overseeing and bringing out the best in both our people and our projects, enabling us to plant hundreds of thousands of trees and enhance complementary habitats.
You will join a fast-growing organisation that started in 2019 with four volunteers and has grown to a staff team of thirteen, over 1,000 volunteers and ownership of 170 acres of land that will grow woodlands of over 60,000 trees.
We are looking for a positive people-person with exceptional organisational abilities and the ambition to help take ANT to our next level of impact, as we prepare for exponential growth over the next year.
· Line-manage and oversee the work of our woodland project leads and core staff to ensure our people are well-supported and our projects are impactful
· Work with the Chief Executive on organisational strategy, project development and workforce planning, helping to guide ANT through a period of business transformation and growth
· Work with colleagues to develop our fundraising, governance and communications
· Lead on key areas of operations including HR, staff wellbeing, safeguarding and health & safety
· Other duties and opportunities as required
As an employer we are committed to addressing diversity gaps in our team and in the workplace.
Download our Job Pack for full person specification and other information.
Follow link to apply: https://avonneedstrees.org.uk/about-us/careers/