ACFA: The Advice Network is a long-established umbrella organisation that has become an influential body in trying to improve the provision and quality of advice services across the four unitary authorities of Bristol, North Somerset, Bath and North East Somerset and South Gloucestershire.
ACFA aims to support advice agencies who provide free, independent and confidential advice services with particular reference to:
· representing the interest of advice agencies
· providing a forum for information exchanges
· lobbying for adequately funded and resourced advice services
· organising training for advisers
· facilitating the development of policy and best practice
· aiding the development of comprehensive advice provision throughout the region