Voscur Training - Themes and Levels
To help you find the right training course, we offer our training categorised by theme and by level. Training in each theme is delivered at basic, intermediate, and advanced levels, so you can choose according to your current level of experience, or work your way up.
Use this guide to decide which themes you are interested in, and what level is right for you.
Development of skills and knowledge related to all areas of income generation and finance.
Covering: commissioning, crowdfunding, funding, income, fundraising, income generation, grants, social enterprise, and social investment.
- Basic - Introductions to grant funding, in particular around small grants; developing a social business idea; setting up a social enterprise.
- Intermediate - More detailed information about larger grant giving and developing skills for financial independence.
- Advanced - Diversifying income through contracts, earned income and social investment; developing new products and services.
Leading Your Organisation
Best practice in all areas of responsibility for trustees and staff in running an organisation.
Covering: diversity and inclusion, financial management, GDPR, governance, health and safety, HR, organisation, and safeguarding.
- Basic - Introductions to legal responsibilities and functions of governance, including running effective meetings.
- Intermediate - Best practice in decision-making and in all areas of policy and responsibility.
- Advanced - Looking at innovation and inspiration in delivering on your responsibilities and becoming a high-performance board.
Professional Development and Leadership
Enabling individuals to develop skills and expertise in their roles as managers and leaders
Covering: leadership, management, meetings, managing people, volunteers, peer learning
- Basic - Developing key skills such as stress and time management, meeting skills, presentation skills, project planning, and law related to volunteer management.
- Intermediate - Developing new managers with a focus on supervising staff, managing performance, teams, events, and resources.
- Advanced - Developing leaders with the skills to successfully navigate change, innovation, influence, and conflict.
Making an Impact
Giving organisations the learning resources and support for the biggest possible impact on society.
Covering: business planning, community engagement, evidencing need, impact, investment, and sustainability.
- Basic - Marketing and campaigns, using social media, involving your community, and developing a Theory of Change.
- Intermediate - Developing tools to plan for and prove your impact, showing need, monitoring and evaluation.
- Advanced - Working on social impact measurements, social return on investment, and social value, marketing, evaluation and planning.
Planning for the Future
Developing services, activities and the capacity of your organisation, to build resilience.
Covering: influence, innovation, strategic planning, and sustainability.
- Basic - Introductions to the ways you can ensure that your organisation grows, and that it can be sustained.
- Intermediate - Growing your organisation through effective people management; use of resources, planning and evaluating to help with development.
- Advanced - Looking at new ways of working, building resilience and adaptability to move your organisation into the future.
Partnership and Collaboration
Supporting organisations to understand, identify and capitalise on opportunities in the voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector.
Covering: collaboration, commissioning, partnerships, and subcontracts.
- Basic - Introduction to medium-term and long-term strategic planning in the wider VCSE sector and beyond.
- Intermediate - Developing resilience and sustainability through relationships and collaboration.
- Advanced - Skills and knowledge to help your organisation to take up strategic opportunities and become an innovator and leader in the sector.
Voice and Influence
Helping the voices of the sector and its communities to be heard in the development of policy, commissioning and services.
Covering: coproduction (creating something with others), diversity and inclusion, equality, influence, and voice.
- Basic - User and community involvement, diversity and inclusion, building networks, and using social media.
- Intermediate - Developing ways that marginalised voices and emerging needs can have more influence on agendas; marketing and campaigning.
- Advanced - Beyond involvement to representation: how Sector Leaders and others can offer an influential channel to their communities.