Have your say: Bristol Local Plan
Bristol City Council is consulting on draft policies and development allocations for its Local Plan.
The Local Plan includes policies for deciding planning applications in Bristol.
The review will update existing policies and guide development in the city over the next twenty years, with the aim of building a better Bristol.
The consultation runs until 24 May 2019 and the council is seeking comments on:
- The Local Plan’s draft policies (pdf, 7MB)
- The draft site allocations (pdf, 7MB)
- The proposals for protection of open space (pdf, 11.6MB)
The consultation is accompanied by the existing Local Plan policies which the council proposes to retain:
Here is a summary of the responses the council received to the last consultation and its responses to them:
How to respond
You can comment on any of the proposals set out in the consultation until 24 May 2019.
Send your response by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Strategic City Planning Team, Bristol City Council, City Hall, PO Box 3176, Bristol, BS3 9FS
Make it clear which proposal you are commenting on by including one of the following:
- Draft policy number
- Paragraph number
- Site address
Your name or the name of your organisation and your response may be made public if you comment on the plan. See the privacy notice below.
If you have any questions about the Local Plan review email: email@example.com
Drop in sessions
Talk to a member of the Local Plan team about the consultation at a drop in session.
- Tuesday 23 April, 2.30pm to 6.30pm: Greenway Centre, Doncaster Road, Southmead, BS10 5PY
- Thursday 25 April, 2.30pm to 6.30pm: @symes Community Building, Peterson Avenue, Hartcliffe, BS13 0BE
- Tuesday 30 April, 12noon to 6.30pm: Bristol Central Library, College Green, BS1 5TL
- Thursday 9 May, 2.30pm to 6.30pm: Bristol Central Library, College Green, BS1 5TL
For more information, visit: https://www.bristol.gov.uk/planning-and-building-regulations/local-plan-review