The Year of Can Do 2020: Inspiring community kindness in Bristol
Bristol City Council and a range of organisations from the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector have teamed up to make 2020 the Year of Can Do - a year-long programme inspiring community involvement and acts of kindness across the city.
Knowle West Media Centre, Link Age, Up Our Street and Voscur are amongst the organisations involved in shaping the Year of Can Do.
Activities will be organised and promoted through the Can Do Bristol online platform.
The programme will include:
- Can Do Ideas (January & February): To kick off the year, people and organisations are invited to share their ideas and wishes for social action, volunteering and kindness in their community.
- Can Do Festival (March): A festival to share, inspire and celebrate community-led action across the city.
- Volunteers’ Week (June): A week inspiring citizens of Bristol to offer time or skills to others.
- Community Open Doors (September): A chance for citizens to visit community buildings and projects in Bristol and find out how they can be involved in making a difference in their community.
- Can Do Awards (December): An event to wrap up and celebrate the year’s exciting activity across the city and highlight the inspiring awards initiatives that help community action thrive in Bristol.
You can already take steps to prepare for the Year of Can Do, and get your community venue or organisation involved:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an ideas pack that you can use in your organisation or community venue.
- Already got an event planned for #WeAreBristol Festival? Email email@example.com with your activity or training opportunity.
- Sign up to Can Do Bristol to find out more.
Get your thinking caps on and start planning your activities for the Year of Can Do, to celebrate Bristol's vibrant community spirit.